Three custom Pro Mods headed to Az. Two of them I already posted pictures of in the Bear Creek thread. I am going to start posting my customs here. Finally got a handle on the 2 part clear application, now I need to control the dust. Also working on my color sanding and buffing technique for the cars.....when needed. I'm pretty pleased with these, but as with all my stuff, there are flaws.
This is the last of the three to be completed. The first blown version of the Vega that I've done.
These two are going north to Illinois to a racer just outside of Chicago. These are 660slots.com Daytona Pro Stock bodies sitting on race tuned BSRT G3 chassis. These cars took a lot of work to get them tucked and bodies low. Not happy with the silver windows, but it is what it is. This particular body has very large windows and the silver just did not suite that very well.
Finished up a blown '72 Chevy Luv Pro Mod. I posted some early build pictures on the Bear Creek Dragway thread. This is the first blown version of this body that I have done. This is also the first usage of pearl powder. I did a a little research beforehand, but was not sure what I was going to get. So I used it sparingly. The powder I used on this one was a color shift red/org/green/gold pearl powder over an almost fluorescent yellow. The pictures do not pick it up very well, but it has a nice effect in person. I look forward to experimenting more with this in the future.
Another project pulling out of the AJR garage.....an AJR cast 1970 Mustang Pro Mod. I got a little practice with paint fading and use of some more of the pearl powders. The fades are easier to me than taping multicolors although I've only done a few so far. The blue is lacquer and the purple is acrylic. I added a small amount of element pearl titanium powder to the clearcoat. The pictures do not pic it up like it is in person. It really makes it pop with a bit of a flip flop when the light hits it. I'm having fun with it but have learned there is a fine line between too much and too little.